Company „PHARMA” PLC is the successor of the established in 1954 Galenova factory, which is the founder of pharmaceutical production in the town of Dupnitsa. Over the years, the production facilities of the company were part of assets of the Chemico-pharmaceutical plant of the town of Stanke Dimitrov (ex-name of the town for the period 1950 to 1992) and the later-established state-owned company PHARMACIA AD, Dupnitsa.
Demonopolization of PHARMACIA AD, Dupnitsa in 1991 is a kind of beginning for the production and sale of medicines under the brand PHARMA AD, Dupnitsa.
KEY AREAS of activities are:
- Manufacture of medicinal products;
- Manufacture of food supplements;
- Implementation of contract manufacturing.
PHARMA AD owns:
- Manufacturing/Import License for medicinal products issued by the Bulgarian Drug Agency (BDA) to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Certificate, issued by the Bulgarian Drug Agency (BDA) to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Certificate of a registered manufacturer issued by the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency to the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.